Monday, November 15, 2010

Method 12

In your final blog entry for this program, please reflect on your learning journey and post a few thoughts. (Please don’t forget to include “Method 12″ in the title of your blog post.) Here are some questions to prompt you if you’re drawing a blank for your post

… What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least… If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?


I enjoyed learning about the different technologies and applications available online. The program helped me get a good grip on what's out there and gave me a chance to get some hands on learning with each program. I was new to the Reader and RSS portions of the course. It was interesting to read about how it works and how it can be useful. I set up my own account to see how it works and I've been using it here and there. The social bookmarking post was also a new world for me. I now have a better understanding of podcasts and have more resources to find them.

I also enjoyed the "In Plain English" videos. I could definitely use those to explain different concepts to others who may not know anything about new technologies. The videos are simple and to the point with just enough information to introduce the concept but not overwhelm anyone with unnecessary information.

I think this program has helped me see the possibilities of using web 2.0 and has helped me think about how these tools can be utilized to help customers within the library.

The program was easy to start and easy to follow. The instructions were clear and the questions were open but not obscure. I would definitely take a similar course if it was offered. I enjoyed the format with each method having its own page and being able to read a little background on each program or concept. The links and resources listed for each concept were helpful.

If another program like this was created, I think it would be helpful to have an e-mail address or chat room that participants can use to send questions to in case they have problems with the posts or programs. I didn't have a problem with anything when it came to trying out the programs and new technologies, but I know other people probably had questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment